Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: syncing sound with adobe premier

  1. #1
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Hi there

    can anyone give me a lowdown on how to do this?
    All my Audio tracks were captured seperatly from my pictures.
    Ive tried 'locking' the audio tracks, but it still drifts.
    Do I need to do something like Timecode my audio with my pictures?
    Can anyone tell me how to do this?

    THanks


    ------------------

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you didn't use a clapperboard then?

    what did you record onto?

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  3. #3
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    no, no youve got me wrong.
    I can align the audio files (wav's) with the
    moving images, using say a very zoomed in timebase, and shifting the sound clip left or right a few frames until it is perfect/.
    But then when I zoom out of the time base, preview, and then watch it. The sound drifts after a couple of minutes.
    Just wonder how you lock down sound and pictures....

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    this could be a couple for things:

    1. you recorded sound on a device affected by wow and flutter rather than something crystal based (eg cassette deck vs dat)

    2. it's a codec audio frames interleave problem

    so.... what source media is the sound from?

    are you using an avi mjpeg codec?

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  5. #5
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Hi Miker, thanks for your help.
    I think its probably 'a codec audio frames interleave problem ', but Im not sure what that is.
    The audio was taken from a combination of places, mostly pre-recorded wav files created on a PC, and sound captured from the video camera. Also a few odd sound effects recorded onto minidisk and then uploaded.
    This has all been mixed down onto one track and is now in place in the film.
    Can you help?

    Thanks

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member stop_thief's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2000
    Posts
    124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't have an explanation, but a round-about solution may be cutting the audio clip in chunks smaller than "a few minutes" and syncing each smaller clip, so there isn't time for a noticable drift.
    I've done that before when I've had syncing problems but it isn't perfect nor recommendable for a serious piece.

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    eddie,

    do you still have the project and clips, or is all you have now a rendered movie?

    to fix the interleave problem (if it is that) when you render the movie you need to poke around the advanced settings and find the audio/video interleave settings - when I used to have this problem (in MediaStudio) I had to change the interleave from every frame to every second (ie every 25 frames for PAL) and this fixed it.

    I've never had the problem in Premiere though, but I know you can select the interleave (assuming you are generating an AVI and not a MPEG of ASF etc.. which can suffer sync problems when seeking through the file)

    guess you need to fanny about a bit

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jim Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    One thing to try, make sure there are no gaps in your audio time line.

    It doe not matter if the various audio tracks are on diffrent lines/channels or that the sound is low.

    look at the sound track as being a continuois chain, with gaps in the chain you loose sync.

    Just ensure there is a sound track from begining to end of your project, wit no gaps.

    Also defrag your hard disk.

    I'm going now, I'am begining to SOUND like a bit of a bore.

    Jim Bird.

    ------------------

  9. #9
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    cheers, yep thats my current fix at the moment too, but its not perfect.



    ------------------

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    weer all rooting for you eddie wink

    ------------------
    www.5ylac.s5.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •